Our new and improved GROUPCARE scheme for GPs and practice managers launched after state-backed indemnity was introduced for GP practices in England and Wales. The enhanced scheme introduces new benefits for all GROUPCARE members.
The criteria for GROUPCARE membership has changed, and we've simplified the levels of GROUPCARE membership, with extra benefits available when all practice GPs are MDU members.
Under the previous scheme, practices needed at least two MDU GPs to qualify. Now, practices need at least half their GPs (excluding locums, GPSTs and out-of-hours GPs) as MDU members to create a GROUPCARE scheme, or continue to enjoy its benefits.
Existing GROUPCARE practices with less than half of their GPs as MDU members still have until the end of the year to switch non-member GPs over to the MDU. This means those practices can enjoy the new benefits with time to update practice details online and to add MDU GPs.
GROUPCARE already offers members a wide range of benefits, from free practice manager membership and free practice-based training seminars, to a local dedicated liaison manager and access to an employment law advice line.
Under the new and improved scheme, practices can unlock even more benefits such as a new employee assistance advice line to support your practice staff and when all practice GPs are MDU members there are even more benefits. These benefits include:
- 10% saving on MDU membership for GPs and other practice members (England & Wales only)
- discounted professional indemnity for nurse practitioners and nurses working in an extended role (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Channel Islands)
- free membership for up to two practice staff for every GP member (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Channel Islands).
- reduced and free attendance at our one day medico-legal CPD event
- free access to a confidential employee assistance helpline line for practice staff.
We've also improved the online functionality. Practice managers can now use a secure area on our website to view, add and remove members associated with a practice scheme, making GROUPCARE administration easier than ever.
To find out more, manage your existing scheme or to join, visit the GROUPCARE pages on our website.